Re: AMD 64

Miguel Moquillon wrote:
Hi people,

I'm used to the GNU/Linux debian distribution and I love it :)
Currently, more and more AMD 64 processors are used.
I whish one day to bye a laptop equiped with a such processor and running
GNU/Linux.
In order to profit the 64bits architecture of the AMD 64 processors, I
expect to have majority programs compiled for such architecture.
Do you plan to provide the GNU/Linux debian distribution for the AMD 64
architecture?
Yes, the AMD 64 architecture is compatible to the i386 one, but in
32bits mode, not in 64bits mode with a 64bits Linux kernel.

Miguel Moquillon

http://www.debian.org/ports/amd64/

Cheers
--