Re: Patent clauses in licenses

MJ Ray writes:

> On 2004-09-24 14:23:34 +0100 Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> wrote:
>
> > Your (claimed) law is not everyone's law.  It's silly to ignore the
> > case of the US [...]
>
> Similarly, it's silly to assert that US law is everyone's law and that
> computer programs are naturally patentable. It's silly that US law
> permits patenting of discoveries. I'd not be surprised if the US
> grants patents on looking at particular stars.

You must be smoking the same thing(s) that Andrew Suffield is.  The
rest of my mail (which you snipped, saving a whopping four lines of
text) pointed out that patents covering programs is not a problem
specific to the USA.  Ignoring evidence you do not like is neither
convincing nor helpful.

Michael Poole