Re: Debian Sarge does not have either version of apt-proxy

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On 23-09-2004 15:50, Chris Bell wrote:
> |    The current Sarge has neither the stable version of apt-proxy nor the
> | development version 1.9.18 currently only in Sid. Is there a reason why
> | neither version is included in the current Sarge-testing?
>
> See here: http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?excuse=apt-proxy

This is sub-optimal.  Since the package IS in woody, we probably should have
it also in sarge, if only for security updates to be possible.

I really think the woody version should be uploaded to t-p-u.  Yes, it is
hideously buggy.  But unless we are deprecating apt-proxy completely, it
really should not disappear from stable while remaining on old-stable (and
thus being a problem for people doing upgrades) and sid.

Please consider uploading (a recompiled just to make sure) version of what
is in woody to t-p-u.  If any security fixes were made to the apt-proxy in
sid, please backport those to the old version in woody and upload it to
t-p-u.

If there is an intermediate version (someone mentioned 1.3.6?) that is
better, then please update that one instead to t-p-u.

  Henrique Holschuh