Re: Two Macedonias

Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:

On Πεμ 23 Σεπ 2004 11:44, Christian Perrier wrote:
2) use the names 'Republic Macedonia' and 'Greek Macedonia'.
I like that one, but, as Steve Langasek said, in the namespace of
autonomous territories, there is no collision at all.
Well, in my opinion, if we decide changing FYROM to something in
iso-codes (and thus, as a direct consequence, in debian-installer),
we should use "Macedonia".

And, well, I'm pretty sure that most Greek users indeed share this
advice. I'm already sure of this for one of them..:)

Hm, I can't say I'm overjoyed with this choice. If this needs to be changed, I'd prefer the distiction to be made, 'Republic of Macedonia' would be far better and avoid unwanted comments from both sides.

Konstantinos

I think the style in Australia is "The former Republic of Macedonia." I've always though it peculiar, but I think our Greeks are happy with it, and the second bigest Greek city in the world is in Australia.

Macedonia is a town in Victoria:-)

--

Cheers
John