Re: Patent clauses in licenses

On 2004-09-20 13:25:54 +0100 Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

* MJ Ray:
[...] patent licences which terminate on related patent action may be free. I do not see how copyright licences which terminate on patent action can be free.
This strongly favors patent owners over copyright owners. [...]

Rubbish. If the patent owner is not also a copyright owner (or sublicensor), they cannot make the copyright licence terminate on patent action against them.

It is bad patent law which favours patent owners. It is fine to use copyright licences to "correct" copyright law, but using copyright licences to "correct" non-copyright law - be it patent law, gun control law or nuclear technology laws - is not.

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
http://www.thewalks.co.uk stand 13,Lynn Carnival,12 Sep