Donation to the Foundation for a Free Information Infrastructure

I've authorized and asked ffis e.V. (the keeper of Debian money in
Europe) to donate 1,000 EUR to the Foundation for a Free Information
Infrastructure (FFII).  FFII supports the development of public
information goods based on copyright, free competition, and open
standards.  Some of their current activities are directed against
software patents in Europe, and given that software patents are
potentially a big risk for free software and Debian, I think this
effort should be supported us.  I see this donation only as a first
step and feel that Debian should actively speak out against software
patents.  I encourage members and users of Debian to get involved
with or donate to FFII and tell others about the dangers of software
patents.