Re: graphics program

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 20.21, BRIAN HARKNESS wrote:
> XNView, a popular graphics and photo editor program, is available in
> debain format now.
>
> XNview.com
>
> http://xnview.asos-clan.de/
> look for
> xnview_1.68-2_i386.deb

Brian,

That's great.

 - is a source package also available? At least for people on non-i386
computers this would be good (many people I know run Debian on their Apple
Powerbooks, for instance)
 - Do you want this package to enter Debian? If so,
   - if you want to maintain it yourself, you should start at
<http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/>, and also have a look at the other
documentation in <http://www.debian.org/devel/>, so that you can have the
package included with Debian.
   - if you want somebody else to maintain the Debian package, you should
file an 'RFP' bug (a 'Request for Packaging'; use the reportbug program in
Debian like 'reportbug wnpp', then chose 'RFP' at the first prompt.)
Describe xnview in the bug report, and mention that you already have
created a Debian package but don't want to maintain it in Debian yourself.

> This material may contain confidential or legally privileged

Can't you get rid of that stupid disclaimer?

-- vbi

--
If we can capitalize on something that did or did not happen in 1947
then it can help the entire state.