Re: cheap network card supported by linux

Janne Blomqvist wrote:

cheapest available card listed in ethernet howto, 3c905, costs 29 euro

I had the same problem a year ago. I needed a couple of network cards. I
didn't want the rt8139 or similar crappy ones nor did I want to pay for the
3c905 or Intel e100. I found this page quite informative:

I've had only good expoeriences with cards based on rtl8139; the only reason I use Intel and 3COM instead is I got a box of dozens at auction. About a dozen have bootroms:-)

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait