Debian conference in Asia

Hi all,

There's been a number of Debian conferences and mini-confs already,
however none of them were in Asia IIRC... I guess it's time for one.
;)

I've been talking with other Debian users and developers around here
(actually mainly in Japan), and most were excited about this.  It's
been suggested that some sort of gathering or mini-conf could be
hosted together with the 5th Asia Open Source Software Symposium[1],
which will be somewhere in China next March.

However I have no experiences with organizing comferences. ;)  Does
anybody know what shall be done and what to expect, etc?

Let's get this one rolling!

Roger

[1] http://www.asia-oss.org/