Re: Debian, lists and discrimination

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> All in all, it is a fairly small difference statistically, I will grant you.

Earlier you had written:

> Because there's a whole pile of potential contributors out there that
> we're almost certainly driving away.

I did that research to determine the validity of that statement.  My
conclusion is that "We" almost certainly are not.

> I'd like to measure the larger contributor pool, though, if possible,
> because that's mostly what I'm interested in at present.  Boosting the
> keyring with feminine names is a worthy, but secondary goal of my
> participation.

So this entire effort should be located on, say, sourceforge no?  My
original question as to why the Debian project should be involved still
remains without a satisfactory answer.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>