Re: Debian, lists and discrimination

On 2004-08-07 18:54:18 +0100 David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net> wrote:

[...] Think of it as a gateway list that
supplements, but does not replace, lists like -mentors. If you'd read the
FAQ[0] you'd see that this is a goal of the -women project.

Are posts which should otherwise go to other lists accepted on -women purely because they involve women? It looks that way from yesterday's list description and past activity. If a support-seeking discussion involving only men about stuff which should otherwise be on another list takes place on -women, is that acceptable? If so, why is the list name accurate?

It does seem likely that a gateway list is considered useful. I don't see why that means debian should be seen to endorse sexism.