Complaints about a reseller listed by us

Hi,

About six weeks ago, a prospective user reported both on debian-www [1]
and debian-project [2] (although in Spanish) a Linux distributions
reseller, Linux en México [3] (which is listed in our web site [4])
that did not ship an order he had put. I replied to his mail [5] (both
in Spanish and in English) that Linux en México's web site mentioned
an organization that neither I nor any other person I know of in
Mexico had heard about, 'Organización de Servicios de Linux México'. I
searched a bit more about this organization, and I could only find a
page on their own web site [6].

Besides my reply, I did nothing, as from a single occurance I don't
think we can conclude the website owner is a scammer.

Today I received a phone call from another person who placed an order
with Linux en México. This seems not to have been an isolated case. I
asked many of my peers here in Mexico, and no one has ever heard from
this site or from its owner (Héctor Daniel González Álvarez). Looking
at the 'whois' information for the web site, I found his allegued
phone number (5740-1344 in Mexico City), but he does not live there
anymore.

First of all, I want to request this listing to be removed from our
Web site. I am Cc:ing this to debian-www for this.

Second, I will send this message (translated if required) to some
Mexican lists and forums. I hope that this can prevent people from
spending their money on a fraudulent website.

Third, I want to ask you for help: What can be done in order to stop
this scammer, who should be contacted in order to get him to remove
this listing. (of course, I will be sending a copy of this mail to his
Web provider as well, as a first step).

Thank you very much,

--

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2004/05/msg00040.html