OT: Survey on political motivations of GNU/Linux-developers

Hello,

my name is Tobias Escher, I am a student at the University of Leicester in Great Britain and currently I'm researching for my Master-thesis which deals with the political motivations of GNU/Linux-programmers. I would very much like to invite the Debian developers to take part in my online-survey. You can find all the details in the attached letter. However, I do not want to cause too much disturbance by cross-posting to your diverse mailing lists, especially as I'm not sure which list(s) would be appropriate, if at all (so far I thought about debian-devel or debian-devel-announce). May I kindly ask you to forward the letter below to any list you consider appropriate or to tell me which list would be suitable for my request so that I can ask for participation?

Thank you very much for your effort. With kind regards, Tobias Escher

Sorry, this is off topic:

Hello,

my name is Tobias Escher, I am a student at the University of Leicester in Great Britain and currently I'm researching for my Master-thesis which deals with the political motivations of GNU/Linux-programmers. Therefore I conduct an online-survey that is aimed at learning in detail about the political views and the motivation of software developers concerning their contribution to GNU/Linux. Independent of whether you consider yourself politically interested or not I would like to invite you to take part in this survey. It will take approximately 10 to 20 minutes to answer the questions.

This survey addresses everyone who contributes or has contributed code and/or ideas for components of a GNU/Linux-system (In more detail, as components I understand the Linux-kernel, GNU-software or any other free software / open source software that can be used on a system with a Linux-kernel).

The questionnaire is available online at:

http://www.chronovault.net/websites/tobi/researchID/

In order to take part you have to type in the user name "survey04" and the password "survey04". This cannot be used for identification purposes! The survey is completely anonymous and not-for-profit.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me or consult the FAQ (http://www.chronovault.net/websites/tobi/researchID/faq) at the site of the survey.

I would be very happy if you would consider to take part in this survey to help this small academic project. Please feel free to forward this letter to anyone who might be interested. Thank you very much.

With kind regards, Tobias Escher

PS: The questionnaire is drafted in English language. However, participants of all countries are highly welcome. Due the the small scale of this research a translation was not possible.

background:
My name is Tobias Escher, I am a student of the MA Globalization & Communications  (http://www.le.ac.uk/cmcr/teach/pg/mcpgglob.html) at the University of Leicester (http://www.leicester.ac.uk), Great Britain. My supervisor is Dr. Gillian Youngs (http://www.le.ac.uk/politics/staff/gy4.html) at the Centre for Mass Communication Research. If someone wishes to contact me by paper mail, that can be done via the office of the Centre:
CMCR, attn. Tobias Escher
University of Leicester
University Road
LE1 7RH, Leicester