Re: how many CDs?

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 03:27:40PM -0400, John wrote:
>    Hi, I just wanted to check to see how many CDs the full official latest
>    release of debian uses.  When I went to a few of the download sites they
>    had about 8 images to download, all different sizes, but all up there in
>    the 500-600 million bytes.  So I am a little confused now as to what
>    exactly I should download.  Please let me know, thanks!

  I strongly recommend you to follow the advices given at http://www.debian.org/CD/
  Mainly the one asking you to download only a minimal bootable CD
  image, and installing afterwards from the network. If you have a fast
  link to the computer being installed, you will need to download only
  the software you're going to install, saving a hughe amount of
  bandwith.

  If you need for some reason a copy of CD set, please use "jigdo" to
  build them. Here are the reasons why jigdo use is better:
  http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/

  Cheers,

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo