ZOPE/Debian crashes on ZODB corruption

Hi All,

I’ve been running zope 2.6.4 (source release, python 2.1., linux2), python 2.2.3, linux2) and python version 2.2.3+ (#1, Feb 25, 2004, 23:29:31) [GCC 3.3.3 (Debian)] in a production environment.

And it’s been twice now that my Data.fs got corrupted then truncated and my site crashed (see error below).

-----------------------------------error---------------------------------------------------------------

Site Error

struct.error

Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish_module

Module Products.Localizer, line 58, in new_publish

Module Zope.App.startup, line 166, in zpublisher_exception_hook

Module ZODB.Connection, line 551, in setstate

Module ZODB.FileStorage, line 645, in load

Module ZODB.FileStorage, line 623, in _load

error: unpack str size does not match format

Troubleshooting Suggestions

The URL may be incorrect.

The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.

A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the error log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your patience.

I suspect that it’s a bug on the FileStorage pack implementation (see below).

Fixed a serious bug in the new FileStorage pack implementation. If pack was called on the storage and passed a time earlier than a previous pack time, data could be lost. In other words, if there are any two pack calls, where the time argument passed to the second call was earlier than the first call, data loss could occur. The bug was fixed by causing the second call to raise a StorageError before performing any work.

Question:

Is the bug fixed on the zope 2.6.4 (source release)?

Any idea on this error “unpack str size does not match format”?

Any idea why Data.fs gets corrupted?

Thanks,

Ramon