Re: Debian group contact for Freenode and .developer.debian cloaks

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 04:50:52PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader wrote:
> * MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> [2004-03-30 21:37]:
> > >It has been pointed out to me that it is now possible to give Freenode
> > >(which is where irc.debian.org points) one or more contact persons for
> > >a project.  See http://www.freenode.net/group_contact.shtml
> >
> > What does this actually allow/require the contact to do?

Basically, this person would act as a liason between the Debian
project and Freenode.  They would be the point of contact for
developers to request their cloaks and would pass that information
onto Freenode Staff for the activation.

Actually, Martin, if you'd like, since I'm involved in both I wouldn't
mind if you (as DPL) filled that page out with my name as the 'Contact
Name'.  Then anyone who wanted a cloak could just set an e-mail
address on their nickserv record and send me a signed e-mail with
their nick in it and I'd get it set up.

Mike

--
Mike Mattice - Debian Developer
mailto: mattice at freenode dot net - mattice at debian dot org