Re: people.d.o to help free java

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 11:27:54AM +0100, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> I made a cronjob on people.d.o that launch make and here is the
> Makefile:
> $ ssh avdyk@people cat public_html/kaffe/snapshot/Makefile
> #!/usr/bin/make
>
> CURRENT_DATE = $(shell date +'%Y%m%d')
> TARBALL_TO_REMOVE = $(shell ls kaffe*.tar.gz)
>
> all:
>         cd kaffe ; cvs -q -z9 update -C -d
>         tar zcf kaffe-snapshot-$(CURRENT_DATE).tar.gz \
>             --exclude CVS --exclude .cvsignore kaffe
>         rm $(TARBALL_TO_REMOVE)
>
> The aim, as you can read in the Makefile, is to  make daily snapshots of
> kaffe. I'm not sure it'll help *only* *our* users, it can also help
> other users from other distribs (like Gentoo), or simply some who wants
> to try the latest kaffe CVS HEAD in one single tarball... that's why I'm
> asking here.

I used to run a similar cronjob to create daily spamassassin deb
packages. It was suggested at the time that I use one of the other
i386 machines and then copy my results to gluck (I think I used
tippett, which appears to be dead atm). Here, however, what you've got
is relatively minor in comparison, so I suspect it's fine. If you plan
on doing stuff that's a whole lot more elaborate, you might want to
consider it though.

--
Duncan Findlay