Re: Mail forwarding in return for Debian donation

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:19:32 +0100, Pete van der Spoel <P.vdSpoel@cetis.hvu.nl> said:

>> We don't have any use for money right now. What we have mostly just
>> sits in a bank account getting slowly devalued by inflation. So
>> fund raising exercises aren't really a good idea.

> Oh. Okay at least I don't have to feel bad about using Debian and
> not contributing, but I have to say I find this very strange. Surely
> Debian has developers that would love to spend more time working on
> Debian than on their day-jobs, but don't do so because they need to
> pay the rent etc?

	Can we sustain paying salaries for about a 1000 people so they
 work on Debian? Where does the money come from? How do we handle the
 increased pressure on NM as more people clamour to join Debian as a
 means of getting paid whenever the job market is in a down turn?

	manoj
--
Love may laugh at locksmiths, but he has a profound respect for money
bags. Sidney Paternoster, "The Folly of the Wise"