Re: Downloading debian

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 07:03:21PM +1100, Al Wyatt wrote:
> Hi

Hello.

First of all that's not proper list for such questions.
You should probably try at debian-user@lists.debian.org

> I'm want to start using debian but i don't know which files to
> download.  I am planning to install on a home PC with Intel P4 and
> gigabyte motherboard, I assmue that I am to get the i386 isos, but I
> would hate to dl the wrong files.  Also I would prefer to download
> using bittorrent.
>
> I have a feeling this is the correct place to dl the torrents for the images:
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/torrents/3.0_r2/i386/
>
> If you could send me the correct link that'd be great

Yes you need i386 isos, but installing Woody on P4 won't be easy.
Don't you want to try new (not yet released) sarge distribution?
It should became stable in few weeks (hopefully ;->)

http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/index.en.html

regards
fEnIo

--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska