Re: Debian Hardened project status.

Hi Russell,

El dom, 26-09-2004 a las 14:02, Russell Coker escribió:
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 07:22, Lorenzo Hernandez Garcia-Hierro <lorenzo@gnu.org>
> wrote:
> > - openssh (i'm working on the patches that bring SecurID Token use
> > features, and others from independent hackers)
>
> Most of the features you list are things that are difficult to get into
> Debian/main.

Not too really difficult, it depends on how it gets developed:
http://www.debian-hardened.org/wiki/index.php/CVS_Development_Organization

SSP and PIE don't affect the binaries performance (not seriously), and arbitrary patches get tested before using them.
It goes under the lead210 pool before it goes to system-dh.

>  But token based security for openssh is something that seems
> like it could go in without too much pain.  Have you talked to Matthew Vernon
> about this?

Not yet, i would do it.Anyway, the patches are not mine, i'm just
porting them to the Debian packages (converting and implementing them as
dpatches).

> > About the kernels...the work is in production state, i've currently
> > tested them on some machines , 2 of them are shared environments
> > (software-libre.org & ourproject.org) with user chroots, etc.
> > I've also did the DHKP, but i'm going to remix it and use instead of the
> > current patches (OW and others) the PaX + RSBAC + SELinux mix.
>
> You have RSBAC and SE Linux in the same kernel?  What's the point?

I haven't done that work, we are just starting to decided what's the
painless solution.

Cheers,
--
Lorenzo Hernandez Garcia-Hierro <lorenzo@gnu.org>