Re: How to solve problem X least secretly

On 23-09-2004 11:51, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
| On ??? 23 ??? 2004 12:23, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
|
|>So you would welcome a secret4aweek@lists.debian.org? That (or
|>another delay of your choosing) should solve the above concern, and
|>at the same time please us annoying folks who keep yelling "don't
|>use d-p for this and that".
|

| No, but i've taken your advice and replied to -project.

Thanks.

|>Please respond to this, everybody - on a public mailinglist like
|>debian-project. You hereby have my permission to quote my part of
|>this email wherever, and I am sure Konstantinos will permit quoting
|>his as well - right, Konstantinos ('cause you do not reveal *what*
|>is kept secret, and you wouldn't have a problem revealing that we
|>do have _a_ secret, do you?)?
|

| I don't consider delaying publicizing a problem the same as keeping a
| secret, but of course i don't have problem.

Let me summarize (at the risk of revealing stuff discussed behind closed
doors - you only quoted me, not your own message):

~ * Recently a subject X was opened for discussion on debian-private.

~ * Some, including me, felt that there was no need for X to be held
secret, and we complained about it.

~ * You argued, Konstantinos, that X required secrecy until fixed.

~ * I proposed the above "timelock" secrecy mailinglist.

So, why not?

I assume we all agree that debian-private is a hack and should be
avoided as much as possible: We state in our policy that we will not
hide problems, and as we nowhere state that we will hide other studd
than that I assume that we won't hide anything but what is absolutely
necessary to operate our otherwise open and transparent structure.

If a technical problem I suggest solving it by finding a technical solution.

If a political problem, then please explain to me what it is (as I
assume our agenda isn't secret).

| (please CC me, I am not on -project).

Done!

~ - Jonas

P.S.

I have swiftly changed the subject of this thread - hope noone noticed...

- --

~ - Enden er nær: http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm