Debian conference in Asia

Hi all,

There's been a number of Debian conferences and mini-confs already,
however none of them were in Asia IIRC... I guess it's time for one.

I've been talking with other Debian users and developers around here
(actually mainly in Japan), and most were excited about this.  It's
been suggested that some sort of gathering or mini-conf could be
hosted together with the 5th Asia Open Source Software Symposium[1],
which will be somewhere in China next March.

However I have no experiences with organizing comferences. ;)  Does
anybody know what shall be done and what to expect, etc?

Let's get this one rolling!

[1] http://www.asia-oss.org/