Re: Debian certificates

* Joe Nahmias <joe@nahmias.net> [2004-07-23 13:59]:
> I believe that LPI offers a vendor-neutral, low cost, certification for
> linux systems administrators that will test knowledge of a redhat/rpm
> based distro or a debian/dpkg based one.

LPI was also interested a while ago in making distribution specific
certifications.  The idea was to keep most of their certifications
vendor neutral but offer some more advanced certifications which would
be specific to a distro.  Apparently, Fedora and SuSE were working on
this with LPI and they wanted to work with us too; but there weren't
really any volunteers last time I mentioned this.  (I met someone at
LinuxTag recently who's doing training for HP and he was interested in
working on this; so I mailed LPI a while ago but haven't received a
reply yet.)

--
Martin Michlmayr
leader@debian.org