Most Debian Machines temporarily restricted

Due to the most recent Linux kernel vulnerability that was disclosed
today, Debian admins had to restrict all hosts temporarily in order to
install a corrected kernel.

The vulnerability was disclosed by iSEC today and is described here:
<http://isec.pl/vulnerabilities/isec-0015-msfilter.txt>

Most core non-porting and non-buildd machines are already fixed and
accessible again.  This refers to the following machines:

 o newsamosa
 o newraff
 o spohr
 o saens
 o master
 o murphy

Unfortunately gluck requires action from a local admin, so
<http://people.debian.org/> is currently not available.

The local admins of the other machines are informed.

The hosts will be unrestricted as soon as we can confirm that a
corrected kernel is installed and running.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this caused on you.  We hope that
the machines will be available for you soon again.

Thanks a lot to James Troup who worked on new kernels as soon as the
problem went public.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Still can't talk about what I can't talk about.  Sorry.  -- Bruce Schneier