Re: Pricing Quote Request

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 08:34:02 -0700, EXT-Rossman, Anthony J wrote:
> Can you either quote me a price on the following item

No. Quoting http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/:
"Debian creates and provides its entire distribution free of charge. Debian
does not manufacture its own CDs, but relies on 3rd party vendors."

> or direct me where I need to go to get a pricing quote?

Pick a vendor from http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/#us .

For instance, the first vendor listed there sells an official Debian 3.0r2
(for the i386 architecture) CD set (7 CDs) for $19.95 .

> I need a pricing quote on a single copy Debian/GNU Linx Open Source OS
> software.

That depends on a number of parameters you haven't specified, including
- what version of Debian GNU/Linux and what hardware architecture
- whether you need a copy on a physical medium such as CDs or DVD, or
  whether access to a downloadable copy is sufficient (the Debian project
  does not charge for downloads, so you can download it for free if you want
  to)
- if you want to make a monetary donation to the Debian project (a number of
  CD vendors provide an option to donate).

See http://www.debian.org/distrib/ for an overview of your options.

HTH,
Ray
--
I'm really not a very nice person. I can say "I don't care" with a straight
face, and really mean it.