[no subject]

To                                                                                                                        09.04.2004

Dear Sir,

Greetings to you from Grace Foundation. Please find enclosed the project proposal for a vehicle Assistance for providing various services for the disabled.

Kindly go through the project proposal and sanctioned the needed grant for the welfare of persons with disability in Trichirapalli District in the State of Tamil Nadu in India.

Thanking You.

Yours Sincerely,

S.N. Stella Jayanthi

President.

Project Proposal for Vehicle Assistance for providing various services for the Disabled.

Name of the Organization : GRACE FOUNDATION

Address of the organization : 6/93, Teachers Colony,

                                          South Eachampatti,

Enam Kalpalayam Post,

Mananachanallur Taluk,

Trichirapalli District,

Tamil Nadu, India 621 005.

E-Mail: grace_foundation@yahoo.com

Phone : 0091 431 2671114.

Registration Number & Date : 54 of 1996, dated 19.03.1996.

Place of Registration : Societies of Registrar, Register Office,

Trichirapalli – 621001.

FCRA Registration Number : 076040258 under the Ministry of Home

Affairs to the Govt. of India.

Name of the Board of Directors : 1. S. Stella Jayanthi – President.

2. P. Arulappan – Vice President.

3. S.N. Joseph Selvaraj – Gen.Secretary.

4. D. Tamil Selvi – Treasurer

5. D.A.G.V. Kanagaraj – Exe. Member

6. R. Jaya Kumar – Exe. Member

7. S.B. Florence - Exe. Member

Our Fiscal Sponsor is : Give2 Asia.

1. Description of the Organization: Grace Foundation was registered in 1996 as a Non profit Voluntary Organization for caring for the poor and downtrodden. It is government recognized organization under the FCRA of the Govt. of India. Grace Foundation is working in Trichy and Perambalur Districts especially in the National Highways between Trichirapalli and chennai. There are seven members in the governing body. There are four staff members involved in various service programmes.

2. Need of the Project: Grace Foundation is involved in activities for the relief and rehabilitation of the disabled. Presently Grace Foundation is working with Blind, The Deaf and Dumb, Polio affect, Mental Retardation & Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy Cured Persons with the help from the Government of India. 50 Leprosy Cured Persons have been rehabilitate in the home set up by Grace Foundation at Irungalur near Trichirapalli. These Leprosy Cured Persons have been motivated to come out of begging and lead a Decent life with human dignity. Government appreciated our work and they are providing grant for food and medical needs and staff salary.

But Grace Foundation is facing serious problem with regard to lack of Transport facilities suggest taking the disabled to the Doctors in Trichy 20KM from our Home. The disabled people are not allowed in the regular buses both because they are unable to climb in the past moving vehicles and also they are dislike by other passengers for wasn’t of adjustment. To Hire a Tax to take the disabled people to the Hospitals is very costly and also taxi people are not available on emergency. Hence very of ten disabled people suffer the Medical crisis and some times get into unretriable ill health.

That is why Grace Foundation has been asked by disabled people to get a vehicle for taking the disable people to the Hospital. On an average the need for going to Hospital is 4 days a week.

There is also another need for the vehicle which concerns the purchase of vegetable, Groceries and other domestic needs for the disabled. Often vegetables are not available in the village for the huge consumption of 50 disable people in our home. The number of disable people is likely to increase and Grace Foundation approaches its Government for the increased number of disabled. In which case the vehicle will be needed for going for purchase twice a week.

For success of Grace Foundation has been the awareness programs conducted in the villages for motivating the people to prevent disabilities through proper health care and also to rehabilitate the affected people through more inpatient and outpatient Treatment. This is an important task of Grace Foundation and hence the staff go to the villages in the evening to conduct awareness programs for motivating the people to co-operate with us both in the preventive and rehabilitate programs.

The need for a vehicle will be very helpful for the Grace Foundation team to go in a group and conduct awareness programs on disabilities.

Yet another need for the vehicle is conducting of individual counseling for the people affected by disabilities in the villages and also for the family members of the disabled for very often the disable people are dislike by the family members kept out of family function because of lack of understanding that the disabled people are suffering because of the failures of the family members too.

Grace Foundation is planning to screen films and video cassettes in the villages on the need for accepting the disabled and helping them out to lead a decent life. Invariably such programs can be conducted only around 8PM at night and by the time the show gets over it will be around midnight. Definitely there are no buses at midnight for the return of the team. If we hire a taxi he will charge very high amount and it is a waste because one day payment for the Taxi is equivalent to 1% cost of the vehicle. Definitely there are more than 100 such film shows in a year. Thus the cost of the vehicle will be spent on Hire for the Taxi in one year itself, suppose we get a vehicle for around Rs.5,00,000/- ($ 11,000 U.S.D.) we can use it for 10 years saving Rs.9,00,000 of rupees for this need only.

Thus we can calculate the quantum of money we will be saving by purchase of vehicle and the rough details are as follows.

1.200 Trips to taking the disabled to the Hospital

   per year costing around Rs.1500@200. = Rs. 3,00,000

2. For purchase of Vegetables and Groceries 2 times = Rs. 2,00,000

a week Rs.2,000@100 trips.

3. For Generating awareness program in villages = Rs. 4,50,000

3 times a week @Rs.2000x150.

4. Counseling at 2 times a weekxRs.2000x100 = Rs. 2,00,000

5. Other emergency needs = Rs. 1,50,000

Plus add cost for film and Video shows as = Rs. 9,00,000

mentioned above

---------------------

Total = Rs.22,00,000

If we calculate further for Ten years. The amount saved by a purchase of vehicle will be huge. That is why Grace Foundation is approaching your help to purchase a Vehicle and save such a lot of money and also provide various services both for the disabled and for the people living with the disabled.

The viability of the scheme, Now the question arise as about the maintenance of the Vehicle, the salary for the driver and the wear and tear expenses. Grace Foundation has thought about it and hence has decided to ask the staff to pay 5% of their salaries as their contribution for the vehicle related expenditure also peoples contribution will be organized after the motivation programs film shows and video shows. Another step that has to be taken be Grace Foundation will be to inform the Government that the vehicle has been donated by you and that the Government of India should contribute certain amount for the maintenance vehicles. Discussions will be started with the Government and the results will be conveyed to you.

3. Budget

The cost of vehicle according to the quotation attached = Rs.  9,00,000.00

Less Local Contribution                                                    = Rs.    50,000,00

Grant requested from you are approximately                    = Rs.  8,50,000.00

($20,000 United States Dollars.)

The utility report will be sent to you once in six months with day wise entry for the various need we have explained above with the financial statement for those needs. Also the number of people benefited by the vehicle and results achieved by your help both the short term benefits and the long term benefits will also be intimate to you.

4.Evaluation: In order to make you understand the grave situation we are placed in we are sending you the back ground papers of the area the people and the distances covered by the vehicle for the various needs. Our Annual report along with the audited statement of accounts are also sent to you. In addition we are sending you the copies of the letters received from the government other voluntary organization and Friends who are supporting us in our work.