Re: Sid-specific list?

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:57:49 +0200
Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> wrote:
> David B Harris wrote:
> > I've been wondering if maybe it would be worthwhile to have a mailing
> > list specific to any humdrum issues that show up in Sid. Something
> > moderated so there isn't a huge amount of traffic for these people to
> > keep up with. Two or three posts a day, I'm thinking.
>
> Such are sent and discussed on debian-devel in the past.  I believe this
> is still adaequate, especially since we keep telling people that they
> should not run sid when they don't subscribe to debian-devel and -announce.

I would have agreed last year. I don't know if I've just lost patience
for it, but it seems to me like debian-devel is just way too heavy for
this sort of thing. I have serious trouble drumming up interest for a
full 85% of the traffic there, and I'm a maintainer and somebody who's
active in the community.

	   After a while, you realise the pig is enjoying it.

		   OpenPGP v4 key ID: 4096R/59DDCB9F
    Fingerprint: CC53 F124 35C0 7BC2 58FE  7A3C 157D DFD9 59DD CB9F
	  Retreive from subkeys.pgp.net or risk key corruption