Re: Cover texts, GFDL, and Debian logos

On 2004-02-29 04:18:38 +0000 Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 12:02, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 11:34:59AM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
How is the Debian logo so different from "front cover texts"?
Because it is not distributed in Debian 'main' ?
Is this a valid response? Does DFSG mean "what goes in main"?

I'm not sure (last I checked, the Debian logo was in some main packages) and yes.

Why should our logo not be Free?

I think it should be free software. Is the swirl part of the debian trademark anyway?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at