Re: Debian 3.1

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 02.00, Caio Souza Mendes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It would like to know if it has forecast for Debian
> 3.1 to be available, because linux 2.6.x already is stable...

Debian releases occur when they are ready.

In particular, Debian releases have no relationship at all with kernel, gcc,
X, KDE, gnome or any other release dates.

As to the kernel 2.6 being stable - the 2.6.x releases up to now happened
quite quickly, which tells me that 'stable' is not the word I'd use at the
moment.

You can, however, easily use kernel 2.6 with Debian - install the
modules-init-tools and kernel-source-2.6.3 package from Debian testing
(sarge) or unstable (sid), and go playing.

greets
-- vbi

--
Cree lo que vieres y no lo que oyeres.