Re: Debian / Lindows ?

HTML is frowned upon in Debian mailing lists.  Please use plain text
in the future.  Thank you.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 11:08:49PM -0700, Monte Self wrote:

> I recently purchased Lindows OS 3.0 and 4.0 and from what I gather
> Debian is the ROOT of the Lindows OS.

Yes, that's correct.  I believe there is even at least one (possibly
more) Lindows developer who is also an official Debian developer.  And
you can easily update a Lindows system to the latest testing or
unstable Debian system (but I won't list the steps here because it's
probably not something you want to do until you're more sure of what
you're doing and what the implications are).

> I have been diddling in basic and using windows but Lindows has
> caught my attention and I hope I'm directing this to the right
> people.

More or less.  Changes in Debian will almost certainly be reflected in
Lindows sooner or later.  So contributions and help given to Debian
should help both the Debian and Lindows communities.  All Lindows
users are Debian users (though not vice versa), and all Debian users
(or even potential Debian users) are welcome to post here.

> I would like to learn to "DEVELOPE" and or test or "contribute" to
> the developement of Debian if I can while I learn about Lindows

You can find information about how to help the Debian project on our
web page at <http://www.debian.org/devel/join/>.

cheers
--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single