Re: CD 6 / 7

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> A single CD (CD #1) is sufficient to install a system including X.

And if someone has internet access while installing, they can do the
debian mirror system a favour, and only grab the rescue.bin and root.bin
files, and do a floppy install, downloading only the files they need for
that install.  There's a similar system for a CD boot too, correct?

I do the floppy based install, and combined with a local squid proxy
server, I almost never have to actually download anything from a debian
mirror.

Mike