Re: Founding moment for Debian

On 13-Aug-2003, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Ben Finney wrote:
> > I'm still looking for a single message (or other verifiably-dated
> > document) that marks the "let's start Debian" from Ian Murdock.
>
> See here:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=CBusDD.MIK%40unix.portal.com&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

Thanks!  That's exactly what I'm after.

I think this kind of historical document deserves noting in the Debian
"history" pages; should I submit a bug report about that?

--
 \        "I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park |
  `\                       anywhere near the place."  -- Steven Wright |