Re: debian moherboards

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 10:31:24AM -0400, Russ Wickline wrote:
> I am looking to build two debian systems.
> (...)
> If you have a list of board i can use

I'm not aware of such a list, but i'd like to report you I've had much
trouble setting up the IDE and Ethernet controllers of a motherboard
using an nVidia chipset :
	- There are no drivers for them in the kernel.
	- nVidia does provide drivers, but they have been a mess to
	  install, and are proprietary (they distribute an obscure
	  object file). If something were to go wrong with them, there
	  would be nothing you could do.

Hence i'd recommend you not to buy such a card.

--
Jeremie Koenig <sprite@sprite.fr.eu.org>