Re: LSB Compliance

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 02:42:54PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> We _do_ plan to be LSB compliant eventually.  We are, in general, very
> strong believers in open standards.  But the LSB is not our top
> priority at the moment, because it's not something our users are
> demanding.

``From my vantage point (as both business person and technologist) the
LSB standards are important as moving between vendors is that much less
painful.  It's one of the reasons I went with Red Hat among distros -
although now, for other reasons, I would like to move to Debian.''

Isn't this whole thread about our users demanding it?

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''