Re: Using Debian as a proxy

Hi David!

You wrote:

>    Will Debian work as a proxy server, and will it mix with a Windows
>    network to act as the proxy?

Sure, it will work fine, as will any other linux distribution.

>    Is there a good readme that will help me install it as a proxy server
>    if it can work.

Just installing the squid package should be enough to get your proxy to
work.  If you need to do fancier stuff, like transparent proxying (so
that all outgoing http traffic is automatically routed through your
proxy), or firewalling, you should take a look at the Firewall and Proxy
HOWTO.  It can be found at http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Firewall-HOWTO.html

PS:  Please note that the debian-project mailing list is for general
discussion about the Debian project, not for user question.  Please
direct any questions you might have in the future to
debian-user@lists.debian.org. (follow-up set)

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw              | GPG key: 0644fab7                     |