Re: Debian(tm) and cybersquatters

pe, 2003-10-03 kello 14:48, Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader
kirjoitti:
> * Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> [2003-09-17 13:08]:
> > I don't know if it is relevant that debian.fi was registered two weeks
> > ago by someone in Finlan. The rules for new domains in .fi were relaxed
> > on that day.
>
> Could you contact him and politely ask what he intends to do with the
> domain?

I finally did this. I had some trouble being awake and not horribly busy
at times during which it is polite to call other people on the phone.

janne@lelux.fi told me on the phone that the company who registered it
has no commercial intentions for the domain, and plans to maybe set up a
Debian mirror at some point. It does not seem that they are hostile at
all. (Now that we have an e-mail contact, I suspect that it is best to
continue discussions via e-mail so that other people can also
participate and things can be archived.)

--
http://liw.iki.fi/liw/photos/swordmaiden/