Re: spam sent to debian.org addresses

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 11:14:45AM +0300, jb@rk3-56-3.tky.hut.fi wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 10:14:15PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > BTW, just in case anyone's wondering about the recent spam flurry, that's
> > due to a bug on lists.debian.org that's still being worked on.
>
> Wouldn't most spam be stopped by simply requiring that only subscribed users
> can post? Or does it cause too much problems for people that post from other
> accounts than the one they are subscribed to (are there many of those
> people, anyway?)?

That would be me, for example. (Pretend for a moment that I don't have a
debian.org address and therefore couldn't be bulk-whitelisted.) I
subscribe from a different address because there's no point sending all
my list mail through another occasionally overloaded system.

Spam has been increasingly forging sender addresses in recent months,
anyway.