Re: Debian CDs

On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 12:34, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 01:03:09PM -0400, Trekkie862@aol.com wrote:
> > Do I need all Debian CDs to install Debiuan/GNU Linux. Or will the
> > first one do?
>
> Only the first CD is required to install Debian GNU/Linux. You can
> install the rest of the packages you like via the internet. You can also
> download and burn a netinstall-ISO image, which are even smaller. Have a
> look at http://cdimage.debian.org/netinst¶;

I strongly recommend to use Bonzai Linux [1], which is a Debian base
distribution -it fits on a mini CD of 200 MB-, and you can install more
packages from the Internet.

Or you can always download it from a mirror (ie. in Debian México[2] we
have La Voz del Sillón[3] with the images[4] of Bonzai.

[1] http://developer.berlios.de/projects/bonzai/
[2] http://www.debianmexico.org
[3] http://www.lavozdelsillon.net/
[4] http://www.lavozdelsillon.net/pub/debian/bonzai