Brian J. Murrell - can you tell me how I can tell him ...

something strange happened when I use dhcp-client

I have a nameserver dealing with my internel network but the machine itselv is receiving it's IP over dhcp

so a script called

dhclient-script is writing the resolv.conf for me

fine job Brian, thanks, but there is something that forced me add following to the script
the line below and the third line from the function
make_resolv_conf()
dhclient-script
local_nameserver="192.168.40.10"
make_resolv_conf() {
  echo search $new_domain_name >/etc/resolv.conf
  echo "nameserver $local_nameserver" >>/etc/resolv.conf
  for nameserver in $new_domain_name_servers; do
    echo nameserver $nameserver >>/etc/resolv.conf
  done
}

it would be helpful for someone with my problem

sorry if I've posted this e-mail in the wrong group

--
+ Emanoil Kotsev - - - - -+
| tel. 0043(1)9253175     |