New Maintainers

Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org>

    Stephen is the maintainer of kcdlabel and root-tail.

Sean Finney <seanius@debian.org>

    spefically, i've been a gnu/linux and user more or less since i
    decided that i was going to be computer science major, which was about
    two weeks into my freshman year in college (and now about 4 years
    ago).  debian was actually the first distribution that i tried, though
    i went off to try many other distributions such as mandrake, suse,
    redhat, and even netbsd/openbsd (the former i still use), before
    finally deciding to come back to debian as my distro of choice.

    basically, i'd like to apply my skills to where they're the most
    needed.  i'm good at writing documentation (both full docs and
    manpages), i'm pretty handy with vi and a c compiler, i wouldn't mind
    taking up a couple packages, i'm pretty good at sqashing bugs (already
    reported/patched a couple via reportbug), i speak english, french, and
    am learning japanese, and like to think of myself as rather helpful
    with troubleshooting other people's problems.  and of course, i'm
    always excited to learn knew things and work with new people.  so the
    most all-encompassing answer i can give is "help", in whatever sense
    it might be required of me.

Leo Costela <costela@debian.org>

    My story with linux goes back till Red Hat 5.1, 4 to 5 year ago I
    believe, it was my first dist and I didn't learn much from my first
    encounter... some weeks later I got Slack 3.6 and felt much more at
    home, learned a lot from the inner workings of linux, installed X for my
    first time, had the first real problems with linux and solved them until
    I felt Slack was holding me back from a lot of the details. So I got
    Debian right after I joined a web company that was working with Zope.
    Needless to say Debian is what I was looking for and I finally felt
    confident to compile my own kernels and abandon Win32 for real.
    So after all this I thought I might be a more productive part of this
    community if a contribute somehow and being an active part of Debian was
    the logical next step.

Paul Telford <pxt@debian.org>

    Well lets see...  I'm 25 and working for Hewlett-Packard as a Unix Sys
    Admin.  I got my first exposure to Unix (SunOS) around 1994 when I
    started college and it wasn't long before I found Linux.  Slackware was
    my first distro.  I've been using Linux pretty much ever since.  In
    about '97 I got involved in coding on a project called Mordor
    (http://mordor.nazgul.com) and am now responsible for the majority of
    the changes.  I have begun working on packaging a debian version of
    this software.  Although it currently does not use a DFSG-compliant
    license, the primary author and I have talked several times about
    releasing it under the GPL.  I will revisit that issue with him and
    try to come to a conclusion.

    More recently, I have been involved heavily with the 'autoinstall'
    project started by Progeny.  We are currently using this (very
    successfully) at HP to deliver hands-free installations of Debian
    to anyone in the company.  I made numerous changes to the (currently
    distributed) v1.0 and submitted back to the maintainer.  He has told
    me that he will be uploading a new version to unstable within the
    next day or two.  In the meantime I have created an ia64 port (due
    to the nature of autoinstall each port is quite different and must
    be done by hand) and the preliminary part of an hppa port.  You can
    find my ia64 version at http://droflet.net/debian/.  I have a DD
    (LaMont Jones) who has agreed to look at it and make a sponsored
    upload, although he is backlogged with other work ATM.  This package
    is GPL'd.  Lucky for me, HP understands the GPL and knows that it is
    a Good Thing, so they have no problem with releasing our changes.

Pablo S. Torralba <pstorralba@debian.org>

    Pablo maintains plucker and mmix.

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto <fabbione@debian.org>

   Fabio's main goal is to help with the IPv6ization of the software in
   our distribution.  He is doing good IPv6 stuff, which really shows lots
   of skills, dedication and ability to do different tasks.  More info at
   http://debian.fabbione.net/

Dennis Stampfer <seppy@debian.org>

    Personal: I live with my parents and my brother in southern
    Germany, Heidenheim (close to Ulm which is close to Stuttgart).
    I am an 18-year-old pupil going to a Technical Gymnasium which has
    its emphasis on information technology.

David I. Lehn <dlehn@debian.org>

    I'm attempting to get a computer engineering PhD from Virginia Tech in
    sunny Blacksburg, VA, USA.  I had a brief escape to the real world for
    some work but otherwise have been here at vt.edu for the last 9 years
    earning a BS and MS in computer engineering.

    I've been using Debian for around 7 years.  It's setup, upgradability,
    ease of use (for long time users at least), and project
    management/government fits with my views on software.  I've made
    attempts to convert various people and groups to Debian and have had
    some success.  I feel I should contribute back directly to the community
    who's work I've been using for so long.  I've got the experience and
    time to, at a minimum, maintain a handful of packages.  Hopefully
    package maintainership will encourage me to contribute to Debian in
    other ways.

Ross Burton <ross@debian.org>

    I am a software engineer, coding mainly in Java, C, and Python.  Inside
    Debian I intend to assist the the development of the Debian GNOME 2
    desktop (as can be seen with my choice of packages so far).

Miah Gregory <mace@debian.org>

    I'm a software engineer, from the UK. I currently live in Scotland,
    working with handheld and embedded devices. I've always been
    interested in software, and indeed computers from a young age, and
    from my start on a Sinclair Spectrum, I've moved on to RISC OS, on
    arm hardware, and bog standard x86 clones running linux mainly, but
    sometimes windows.

    At work, we make wide scale use of linux, both as desktop
    development machines, and also in arm-linux handheld devices (see
    the handhelds.org projects). I'm the maintainer for the handheld
    device distribution of linux, which is taken from handhelds.org, and
    modified to support our environment and applications. As part of
    that, I maintain a number of ipkg packages, which are part of the
    familiar distribution.

    In terms of what I'd like to do for debian, it's essentially
    anything where I can help. I've been an avid user of debian for
    years, and I want to give something back to the community. As one of
    my primary skills is development, that seems the logical skill to
    offer, but should the time arise that other non-development tasks
    are required of me, I will do my best to fulfil that obligation.

Teófilo Ruiz Suárez <teo@debian.org>

    Teófilo maintains cadubi.

Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org>

    I am a systems administrator since almost 10 years ago, starting with a
    BBS I owned - I came into touch with lots of free-as-in-speech and
    free-as-in-beer software during that time, and even wrote a couple of
    small applications. I seriously started using Linux until 1997, while I
    was working at a local ISP. Since my first successful installation, I
    have been an active member of Mexico's Free Software community.

Thanks to Martin Loschwitz who helped compiling this list.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com