Project

Hello.

We are two girls studying at Stavanger University College,computer engineering.

We are now working on a project,where we want to do some researh and develop an open-source-code-solution on an already existing program..

We need some help with our research,and have some theoretical questions we want to answer.

Company-internal use of the open source-code concepts.

Which benefits and risks are there for a large corporation in applying theseconcepts in web-solution development? (Sharing and collaboration between several business units in the corporation.) How does this relate to a "buy, not build" policy, used by many large corporations? Suggest how to apply these concepts in sharing, maintaining and further developing, a small existing web-solution.

* What are the concepts used in open source-code systems development?

* How are these projects/developments being managed?

* Cooperation tools used?

* How are version control and quality assurance taken care of?

* Identify strengths and weaknesses of these concepts.

* Compare with "buy, not build" policy and the rationale behind
it.

Does anyone of you know something about this stuff? We are really thankful if you send us an e-mail as soon as possible.

Regards,
Astrid Karin Furre and May Elin Fjelde

Ny versjon av Yahoo! Messenger
Nye ikoner og bakgrunner, webkamera med superkvalitet og dobbelt så morsom