Re: Small distribution

Hi Sergey,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 10:37:02AM -0800, sergey dyshel wrote:
> I'm want would download your distribution but it
> contains more than 10 CD's.  Do  you  have a
> distribution of 1 or 2 CD's which contains only
> basic  set  of  packages  (like compiler, shell,
> XFree86)? My internet access is very restricted
> therefore I can afford myself to download no
> more  than  2  CD's  (must  be  bootable).  All  I
> need from Linux is development environment: gcc, make,
> emacs, tex, gdb.
>
> What should I do? Can you provide info about such
> small distro?

You can download just the first CD, most if not all you need should be
on it.

For even less download, check out http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/ you
will find minimal CDs there and will be able to install the rest of the
packages you need/want over the net, resulting in an overall smaller
download.

regards,

Michael