Re: Debian as a social group and how to develop it better

[I don't know why do you cross-post --- at least I read nothing about KDE]

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002 12:27:40 -0800,
Xavian-Anderson Macpherson <primarycausality@attbi.com> wrote:
> My question is, why should I want
> to use Debian, if I am clearly being told by Debian the system is so hard to
> install.
Because you have to install only once per machine?

> The one thing that MUST be agreed to by EVERY
> distribution of linux, is that ALL package names and locations MUST remain
> as
> ORIGINALLY INTENDED by the package maintainers, WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
* We have to play the package-naming game if the upstream doesn't know
  about SONAME.
* If some other distribution uses, say, glibc 2.2 and Debian uses 2.1[1],
  then using the same package name doesn't work.

[1] Yes, it is a history.

--
Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>
Debian developer

smile to answer
--- Treasure, "Radiant Silvergun", attitude #3 for SBS-130