Re: From a Linux Teacher

On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 03:36, Faisal Ahmed wrote:
> Hello Sir,
>
> I am a Teacher teaching Red hat in Pakistan for almost 3 years .I will
> feel great pleasure to introduce your product to my students.Can u plz
> send me CD of it(Manual not required).?
>
> If u can send then plz mail me i will send u my address.

Hi!

Debian as a non-profit organisation is not in a position to give out
free CD copies. You can download Debian from its website
(http://debian.org); or - if you don't want to download the whole
distribution - you may download the (inofficial) 'netinst' CD images
(they are not so huge) and install only what you need (network based
install)

  --> http://people.debian.org/~ieure/netinst/

If you want to install, I'd recommend you to install the apt-cacher
daemon to create a local partial mirror of debian

  --> http://packages.debian.org/testing/net/apt-cacher.html
  --> http://apt-cacher.org/

Hope this helps somewhat.

[ This is quite a frequent question - shouldn't it make it into
http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/ ]

cheers
-- vbi

--