Re: Working on debian developer's reference and "best packaging practices"

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 02:24:14PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> I was hoping to get libpkg-guide (library packaging guide) into Developers
> Reference, although the terms and language is quite different.
>
> It includes the information for shared library packaging,
> which is not really available in Debian Policy, but
> required knowledge for people who maintain shared libraries.

Maybe we could extend the new maintainers' guide to include this? It already
includes instructions on how to package single binary packages, multiple
binary packages and libraries are the next logical step, esp. considering
the appalling amount of people who want to do it as their first package...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.