Re: Working on debian developer's reference and "best packaging practices"

Le Fri, May 03, 2002 at 12:24:23AM -0700, Grant Bowman écrivait:
> Sounds like a chapter on "Debian Teams", I like this concept.  While you
> may get a chapter co-maintainer, it would be good to clearly assign
> responsibility for content to a representative from each team.  If you
> provide an example and guidelines for what's expected this may help.
> While it's not a real team, I would add "porting teams" to the list.
>
> In a policy document you want to keep it very brief: purpose, goals,
> URL, maybe a few lines on how the team functions.  In a document with
> more details each team can elaborate a bit.

It's exactly my goal, there are various things that are difficult to
document ... things known by the "insiders" only when more people could
benefit from it without many troubles.

Let's take an example, the ftpmasters, a part of their job is to remove
packages (far various reasons). When they do that, they document the
removal in a file http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.txt
People keep asking "why was X removed" when they can check easily if
they had known about it... and we have similar things for each
team.

Cheers,