Re: question on upgrading

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 04:31:33AM +0000, Kerry James wrote:
> hello,
>
> i have debian 2.2r2 and i heard something about if i run apt overnight, in
> the morning i will have a complete debian 2.2r5 installation or something.
> Can anyone give me any information on this?

Yeah, just run apt-get update && apt-get -du dist-upgrade, then come
back in the morning and re-run apt-get dist-upgrade, so that you can
monitor the upgrade of your system (not required, you could just run
apt-get dist-upgrade in the first place).

> Also, ever since i sent an email to debian-project@lists.debian.org i
> started gettign like 40 emails a day with linux questions and i was
> wondering if you can tell me how to stop it.

I haven't received any of these.  Can you forward us one of them with
full headers?  Didn't you subscribe to the mailing list, maybe?

--
 _ _  _| _  _  | _   . _ | _   to hell with icq, use jabber!
(_(_|| |(_)_)  |(_|\/|(_)|(_|  THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK?