Re: release date of debian 3.0?

RIBNITZ Robert wrote:

> I have no idea when Debian Woody will be released,

"When it's ready" :-)

> please be aware that unofficial CD-images are available. Its set of 8 CDs,
> of about 610-620MB for the first 6, and about 200MB for the remaining two.
>
> MITP (in germany) has done a book with Potato in it. Given that on first
> sight, other linux distributions look so much more promising to the
> neophyte, I doubt that the new book will be easy to get.

You can still get the O'Reilly book (with the nearly latest Potato) from Linux
Emporium in the UK:
http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/boxed.html#Debian
- they will export to all European countries.
If you have a suitably fast net connection, then upgrading to Woody won't be a
problem. (I do it from dial-up at home, but it takes a _long_ time).

Regards,

Richard Smedley
Production Editor, Linux Format

Telephone +44 (0) 1225 442244 ext 5038