Re: windowsxp&P4

[please don't write HTML mails, thanks.]

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 22:09, Ryan Couture wrote:
> yeah i was wondering if you could run Debian on a Windows XP system with a Pentium 4 processor?

If your computer is able to run Windows XP it should be able to run
Debian. But I'd recommend you do some heavy reading first - you seem not
to be aware that Debian is not just a program which you can start from
windows, but is an operating system just *like* Windows, so it can
easily replace Windows XP, or it can be installed in parallel (you can
choose if you want Windows or Debian when you switch on the computer).

(Compare it with cars and trains: you don't put cars on trains, or
trains on cars[1]. Both are at the same level - it's passengers going on
the train or in the car).

[1] There are exceptions, I know. But there are also exceptions in the
computer world.

cheers
-- vbi

--