Re: debianHELP.org announcing commercial software?

Our position is outlined in our social contract.

   Yes, I've read that a few times... :-)

Personally, I don't think we should spread the support of non-free. We
abide by our social contract to allow it a place in our archive, and I
think that's far enough

My own feelings is that it goes too far, but that topic has been raised before and debated/voted on.

IOW, I think that debianHELP.org announcing non-free software is not a
good idea.

Good point. But if we want to compare debianhelp.org "announcing" a non-free package and debian.org "distributing" a non-free package, it doesn't make much sense. To me there's a clear distinction on which one does more potential damage to free software.

--
 Regards,                | Dear Diary: I recompiled my OS kernel today.